Thursday, December 22, 2005

Very Frank Thoughts on my birthday:

-1-
Last year, as people were congratulating me on the anniversary of my slowly but steadily growing SBE (small business establishment) it seemed –to me- like a very sensible thing to do. After all, -1- my SBE had gracefully passed another year of daily struggles; -2- It had held thru it’s critical first five years when, as shown by statistics, 90% of small businesses go bankrupt during their first five years.

Furthermore, when I hear people congratulating couples on their anniversary it makes sense to me as well … the logic goes like: “happy other year of keeping it together when every one else is either separated already or getting a divorce as you two celebrate your tenth”.. Now that’s a real reason for saying “happy anniversary”

But During the last couple of days, whenever someone said to me “happy birthday” or discussed my b-day festivities, I feel kindda like asking them: oh ya! What’s so happy about it?…
Don’t get me wrong here, it ain’t about "oh my God I’m getting older!" Or "oh my God I’m a year closer to dying!" … I’m not that type of gal . To me, celebrating another year passing on something that is still standing requires the “still standing” bitt…. By all means, I don’t see myself as “still standing” ….

I don’t know, maybe I’m a bitt hard on myself !


-2-
For the last ten years I, being a descendant of “Qaseme” origins who hates to see good hard-earned money go to waste, made it a tradition to announce my birthday gift list on the first day of each December to my family/friends/lovers. This year, my sweet fellow bloggers, I broke my tradition …

You see, this year, unlike the previous years, what I want cannot be given to me by humans, no matter how high their credit cards can go. No LV jewelry, custom made shoes flown from across the world, and no mini-vacation to a destination of my choice is on my wish list this year … this year what I want can only be given by a supreme being or a divine intervention…

So here’s my belated 2005 birthday list of gifts I want from GOD himself:
1- A good man…. I can love….. who loves me.

Posted by SaudiEve at 3:00 AM

13 Comments

  1. Blogger EMARAT JABAL SHAMMAR posted at 7:50 AM, December 22, 2005  
    IT ALREADY HAS. :)



    =>=>=>> HRH KING AL RASHID <<=<=<=
  2. Blogger Jo posted at 2:51 PM, December 22, 2005  
    I hear ya babe!
  3. Blogger أبو سنان posted at 9:22 PM, December 22, 2005  
    Mabrook and Insha'Allah on your wish. Just when you thought all hope is gone is when Allah usually gives you want you need.
  4. Blogger Trevelyana posted at 11:28 PM, December 22, 2005  
    Eve,

    I definitely relate with the blues on a birthday.. you're right, it's not about getting older..

    I think our brains subconsciously assess everything we've accomplished, acquired, and made peace with in the past year. Sometimes it measures up .. most of the time it doesn't.. and being hard on yourself only means that you care.. and you're sure to do something about it.. whatever "it" may be.

    Then again.. that might just be me..

    So instead of Happy Birthday, I'll say may God grant your wishes.. and spare me some heh..
  5. Blogger ordinary girl posted at 12:08 PM, December 23, 2005  
    Happy Bday to you!! Happy Bday little Eve!!! Happy Bday to you!!!
    well mate, since we share the same month and the same star sighn :p.. your Bday is my Bday :D
    I really wish you all the best although we do not know each other but inshallah all your wishes come true and you find a good man who comes from a good fimaly
  6. Blogger Bissa posted at 2:26 PM, December 23, 2005  
    first of all HAPPY BIRTHDAY !!
    & YES i think it's about "keeping it all together" and not "falling apart"
    seriously, life is all about patience & trying to "hold-on" or not loose the control over ur life
    anyhow's, inshalla it'll be THE BEST YEAR EVER !
  7. Blogger ordinary girl posted at 5:32 PM, December 23, 2005  
    well Raf.. I do too have friends whom come from Families I want nothing to do with..BUT marriege is not a friendship at least even if you and your wife are friends it's kinda hard to mentain such a realtionship with your in laws SPEICALLY if they are.......
    A man, any man is obligated to his family and you will be too when you are with this man..
    trust me, I've seen it myself!!!
  8. Blogger Whatever posted at 12:45 AM, December 24, 2005  
    Hey Eve.. remember me?
    I'd say "Happy Birthday" but I fear a kick to find its way to my behind :p .. Well anyway, I don't know why people celebrate their birthdays, I mean it's nice to have a day when you're treated really special. But at the end of the day, what's the point? I don't celebrate my birthday, keep it as a secret, better :p
    I hope you get a man who's worthy of you ;)
  9. Blogger SaudiEve posted at 1:01 AM, December 24, 2005  
    First,
    My dear birthday-wishee’s : r., HRH emarat jabal shammar, Jo, Leeno, O.G., DeeDee, Abu Sinan, metallic-kitty
    To you all I say : Merci baucoumb, and I’ll keep you posted on the progress of that project, there are a couple of elegibile cadidates for that post J


    Second,
    Your Royal Highness,
    LOL… had my wish been: “a bad boy… I can make passionate love to all night long… who can satisfy my unappeasable appetite”….insteed of “a good man… I can love….who loves me” YOU would be a dream come true ;-)

    Sweet Jo,
    So it’s a mutual wish…


    Dear Leeno,
    “I think our brains subconsciously assess everything we've accomplished, acquired, and made peace with in the past year. Sometimes it measures up .. most of the time it doesn't” why does that gal always express me better than I do? ;-)

    Sweet O. G., and raf*
    “who comes from a good family”… LOOOOL
    1. 5aleena nlgah awal ya mama!
    2. Now here’s a birthday wish that’ll only come from an-ever-practical-sagitaruis-gal !ay!… the sag’s female brain goes: how practical would it be to find a good man, I can love, who loves me IF I CAN’T GET MARRIED TO THE DAMN BASTARD ha! LOOOOL

    go easy on her raf*… or rather easy on yourself while dealling with a sag. female… we’re quite a pact.
  10. Blogger N.A. posted at 8:14 AM, December 24, 2005  
    Something just hit me.. a faaabulous crazy thought..

    Isn't it wonderful to have..hmmm let's be dull and say those pelicans flying around over every house, their pouches filled with good men with lots of humor dropping them off instead of those cute lil babies? Just sweeeet. =P

    Wooh i've gone too far. heeh.

    May your wish be God's command

    Happy belated b-day !
  11. Blogger EMARAT JABAL SHAMMAR posted at 12:28 PM, December 24, 2005  
    EVE,

    I AM A GOOD MAN, I CAN LOVE YOU, AND YOU CAN LOVE ME TOO. WHATS DA PROBLEM?

    LETS DO IT.

    HRH KING AL RASHID.
  12. Blogger a gaijin in nihon posted at 8:06 PM, December 26, 2005  
    Hello Saudi Eve,
    Happy belated birthday. Mine is the day after tomorrow ^_^.
    Happy new year too. :)
  13. Blogger My head posted at 12:18 AM, January 03, 2006  
    I can rent a room for u eve & shammar , u can 2 do it all there .give the guy a chance he looks like the 1 4 u .

Post a Comment

« Home