Thursday, December 01, 2005

black abaya, black-hearted man





I drink my black coffee
I wear a black abaya, black sunglasses, and black shoes

I get into a black car, with a black chauffeur
I watch the black asphalt all the way
I go a long way…. A very long way, to meet a man with a black, black heart.
( Saudi. 1995)

I drink my white coffee
I wear a white dress, white sunglasses, and white shoes

I get into a white car, with a white chauffeur
I watch the white clouds all the way
I go a long way … a very long way, to meet a man with a black, black heart.
( Lebanon. 2000)

I drink nothing
I wear nothing
I stay in bed
I read from a Quran on my lap
The black, black-hearted man still finds me.
( France. 2005)

Posted by SaudiEve at 12:14 PM

4 Comments

  1. Blogger ElAchi posted at 2:29 PM, December 01, 2005  
    nice post i like it and i can read the words between the lines
    keep going you are Great in posting i hope to become like you
  2. Blogger Ahmed Shokeir posted at 2:00 PM, December 07, 2005  
    it seems it is too diff. to find the white good hearted man nowadays evven we change places, faces even eyes

    Sounds horriable !!!!
  3. Blogger SaudiEve posted at 11:34 PM, December 10, 2005  
    (moliko, sweet moliko)
    so nice to see u in my blog again :-)


    (Ahmed Sh.)
    It IS horrible!
  4. Anonymous Anonymous posted at 10:36 AM, January 22, 2006  
    simple yet poetic and loaded with meaning.

    This one makes me think and relate each line over the title.

    Was it like a big brother all over you? Just asking.

    Great blog you have here.

    Have a great day.

Post a Comment

« Home