Friday, November 11, 2005


At some point during the last couple of years I’ve become fiction-intolerant..
well! I’m almost what you’d call a “news-junkie”.. or rather a “documentary-junkie” . My TV. watching hours of any day are spent clicking between; MS-NBC, BBC, Sky news, Fox news, aljazeera, al-arabeya, al-hurra, Discovery channel, Animal planet, BBC learning…etc.
This new phase caught my attention when I developed a daily routine of watching some news show called “a5bar almnateq” (provinces news) for a country that I don’t live in!!!
I still can tolerate foreign fiction/movies of any origin if it ain’t American!!! Don’t get me wrong, I have nothing against anything American… it’s just that I watched sooooo many American/Hollywood films or sitcoms that when ever I’m watching a new flick I can tell within the first five minutes and in vivid detailed description who’s gonna say what, to whom, when, and why ( + I like anything British though.. their sense of humor still make me laugh and their drama’s are deep and surprising even for a seen-it-all kindda viewer like me )
One thing American fiction I’ll never stop watching is Seinfeld.

Posted by SaudiEve at 12:01 AM

5 Comments

  1. Blogger Nightlegend posted at 9:02 AM, November 15, 2005  
    Great to see a female interested in watching news ,first time to encounter something like that.

    I agree with you about the americanmovies ,but there's still alot of both new & old flicks who is original in many aspectsand worth watching ,you mentioned Seinfeld ,try to watch(Lost) ,it's a great series.

    I like the british humour also ,many friends of mine recommended (Monty Pythoon) both the movies and the series ,try to watch them and tell me your opinion.
  2. Anonymous Anonymous posted at 12:34 PM, November 15, 2005  
    One thing I noted before in my blog, is how sad it was when Katrina hit America, and they could not do anything about it. Not because they can, but because what the fiction movies of their always showed the Super power against nature and God. They never failed, except when it came true. How ironic!
  3. Anonymous Anonymous posted at 8:49 PM, November 16, 2005  
    If you mention Seinfeld, you should really try out Curb Your Enthusiasm! It stars one of the writers of seinfeld and is of high quality...hope you get that chance to see it once!
  4. Blogger SaudiEve posted at 6:35 PM, November 17, 2005  
    Nightlegend:
    why are you surprised! with the crappy fiction/drama they show on tv... i think everyone will eventually switch to news or reality tv.
    i'm not sure if i've ever seen (monty pythoon)... if it's on BBC world (orbit) i must've seen it.

    haitham:
    forgive me but i don't see "irony" in Katrina... i see "pain"

    anonymous:
    yes, i watch "Curb Your Enthusiasm", it is just as good as Seinfeld, many times even better than Seinfeld.
  5. Anonymous Anonymous posted at 11:58 PM, November 29, 2005  
    Frasier is also really good

Post a Comment

« Home