Sunday, November 06, 2005

Not all lovers were created equal


After writing about “great lovers” a couple of days ago (I.e. those who love you so well), I the following conversation (if you can call it a conversation!), which unfortunately reminded me that “not all lovers were created equal”.
When it comes to Love, like any other action/act in this world, there are those who do it fairly well, those who master it, and those who really really really suck at it!


here's how the conversation went, enjoy!





: i've been meaning to ask you a question, may I?
: sure
: what do you want from me!
:……… (pause)… aaah, what do I want from you ? what a strange question! … aaahh does a person have to want something from someone eve?
: first of all, yes! when a person tries to get to know someone, show them he cares, wanna be with them alot, sends them love-like letters for years and years etc. they must have something in mind.. or -dare i say- in heart? second,it’s impolite to answer a question with a question!.

: (laughing) you see this is what I miss when you’re not with me anymore.. no other girl would say such a thing to me.. it seems that they all just wanna please me…do you get this when you’re with someone else eve? Or is it just me?
: was that just another impolite way to avoid answering the question?
: no no no I’m not trying to.. I’m just trying to understand your question…
: it’s a clear question .. you’re a smart guy!
: Ok I’ll answer your question .. “what do I want from you?” what can I possibly want or get from you … help with a major project at work or money ….blah blah blah…. I, … I,… I guess don’t want anything from you,
: aha!
: oops! bad answer, right!… Ok, ok! I think I know what you mean. You want a name for our relationship.. does a relationship has to have a name eve?… I hate names… some relationships are hard to categorize… ours is one of those… we are too special to categorize… because of our history I cannot say we are “friends” and because of our present I cannot say that we are “lovers” either…
: aha!
: I mean, its better than those names….does this answer your question?
: no.
: but, wait a minute! why did you ask? As If I’m bothering you with my calls and with asking about you and ..I’ll stop.. I promise.. I swear to God I’d hang up now and never, never, call again ever again .. think think please think whether you want me to hang up now.. no explanation required.. I swear to God I won’t call you again… ok? … Take your time, think, and then SMS me your answer…. Ok? … you have a right to say yes or no…ok?
: aha!…
: think and SMS me your answer so you wouldn’t even feel embarrassed to say it to my face… you are so dear to me I don’t wanna cause you any embarrassment… ok ?
: ok, so, your answer to my question -to sum it up- was; -1- you want nothing from me, -2- you don’t consider me neither a lover, a friend, nor even a pal. –3- you could hang up now and never call me again for the rest of your life if I don’t SMS an answer to a question that you answered my question by …… well, thanks, this does answer all of my questions!



P.S.: some people suck so much at love that they should be banned for life from ever attempting to practice it again.



Posted by SaudiEve at 10:20 PM

11 Comments

  1. Blogger EMARAT JABAL SHAMMAR posted at 1:34 PM, November 13, 2005  
    WELL EVE.
    IF U ASKED ME THIS SAME QUESTION THIS IS WHAT MY ANSWER WOULD HAVE BEEN:
    ''I'LL PICK YOU UP AT 8 WE WILL GO AND HAVE A LITTLE BITE TO EAT FIRST, THEN WE WILL MOVE TO A TRENDY LITTLE WINE BAR FOR A DRINK, THEN ABOUT 11 OR 12 WE WILL GO TO A NIGHT CLUB THAT BELONGS TO A FRIEND OF MINE AND DRINK AND HAVE FUN SOME MORE, AND THEN ABOUT 4 AM WE WILL GO BACK TO MY PLACE FOR A SESSION OF HOT AND STEAMY WILD SEX'' :) THATS WHAT MY ANSWER WOULD HAVE BEEN.

    SO PICK YA UP AT 8?

    HRH KING AL RASHID.
  2. Blogger EMARAT JABAL SHAMMAR posted at 1:36 PM, November 13, 2005  
    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
  3. Blogger EMARAT JABAL SHAMMAR posted at 1:37 PM, November 13, 2005  
    HEY BY THE WAY. I'M READING ANOTHER BOOK NOW.
    ''POLITICS IN AN ARABIAN OASIS'' THE RASHIDIS OF SAUDI ARABIA BY MADAWI AL RASHEED.
    INTERESTING BOOK THAT MAKES ME PROUD OF MY HERITAGE.

    HRH KING AL RASHID.
  4. Blogger My head posted at 2:52 AM, November 14, 2005  
    BRRRRRRRRRRRVOOOO !

    "emarat jabal shammmar " did'nt give the right answer too ha eve!?
  5. Blogger Ahmed posted at 9:01 AM, November 14, 2005  
    Holy Batman, Eve!
    Been there, and it didn't work out. But I think it's not really about love, or about us. It is about relationships in our society in general. It is really, really hard to manage any kind of relationship in our society, because many time, other factors interfere, and we can do nothing about something that's truly important to us like those who we care about.
  6. Blogger SaudiEve posted at 10:40 PM, November 14, 2005  
    Your Royal Highness King Alrashid:

    i haven't read for MADAWI AL RASHEED yet.. i think i have a book by her i got a year ago ... i might look it up and read it when i have time and interest ( u c i have some issues with arabic political books )


    My Head:

    the thing is i knew beforehand that the guy i asked didn't have half the gutts "emarat jabal shammmar " had... and that is exactly why i asked ... to have fun with the poor cowerd.. ;-) maybe it'll let him stop bothering me with his madly-in-love act.


    Ahmed:

    i totaly DO NOT agree with what you wrote .. unfortunatly, no "other factors interfere" with "relationships in our society" except being emotionaly crippled and resorting to decietful methods to hide behind !
  7. Blogger My head posted at 1:44 AM, November 15, 2005  
    I suggest that u grap the one u love ( if u have one ) and show him/her love .

    Or start finding a true love and save ( the madly in-love act ppl )
    time ,effort,hopes ,dreames .

    What ur doing is a self defence strategy from love and lovers by playing this silly cowrdly game and i call it ( not finding the right person yet )

    Ask ur self what kind of person i deserve then u will get the right person .
  8. Blogger EMARAT JABAL SHAMMAR posted at 5:28 PM, November 15, 2005  
    THE BOOK IS IN ENGLISH. AND BASICALLY ITS THE STORY OF THE AL RASHIDS. IT GIVES A DIFFERENT PERSPECTIVE ON THE HISTORY OF SAUDI ARABIA. DIFFERENT FROM THE ONE THAT ALSAUD APPROVES OF. YEAH YOU KNOW THE ONE WHERE THERE IS NO HISTORY IN THAT LAND BETWEEN THE PROPHET AND THE RISE OF ALSAUD. THERES A BIG SECTION THAT SEEMS TO HAVE BEEN FORGOTTEN.
    AND BY THE WAY ITS NOT A BIASED BOOK.
  9. Blogger SaudiEve posted at 11:30 PM, November 15, 2005  
    My Head:
    thanks for the suggestions.

    Your Royal Highness King Alrashid:
    Hmmmm.... a political book written By an Arabic person, to me, is an Arabic political book! even if it's in English..
    anyway, you got me all excited about it i'll try to read it durring my next vacation ;-)
  10. Blogger Bassem posted at 9:17 AM, November 19, 2005  
    if this conversation is real then i must say that i know EXACTLY what you mean.. i'm in your shoes to put it in another way

    it's frustrating.
  11. Blogger SaudiEve posted at 2:00 PM, November 28, 2005  
    (bassem):
    it is real,

    i didn't find it frustrating thou... bl3ks, it was very amusing ;-)

Post a Comment

« Home