Tuesday, November 15, 2005

On my way to a meeting today I saw… (part1)


On my way to a meeting today I saw something I’ve never seen before …. At least, I’ve never REALLY seen before…. I saw People!


I saw people walking… some in a hurry, others seemed to be going so slow as if they had nowhere to go to…. I wondered where they all might be going to.. I wondered will their journeys be easy or hard… what do they hope they’ll accomplish by getting there… do they even have hopes and dreams or were they hope-less?.. will they get what they want.. or will their efforts be wasted? …

On my way to a meeting today I saw people walking… and I asked God to bless them all.


I saw people at a hospital’s entrance… some were going in, others were going out… and I wondered were they patients or hospital workers?… did the sick ones have a loved one who’ll be by their side in sickness as in health? or will they have to go thru this among strangers?… will this loved one stick around day after day after day after day … will they stick around when things get tough? … and who’s gonna take care of the loved one when they need to be taken care of ?

On my way to a meeting today I saw people at a hospital’s entrance.. and I asked God to grant good health to them all.



I saw people getting out of their homes… some from luxurious villas, others from old apartment buildings… and I wondered are their homes a place where they find the happiness they need and deserve; love, family, safety, calmness … or are they just loveless and unsafe concrete walls to hide from the night in?… I wondered were they happy when they were in them? Or are they happy to have left?

On my way to a meeting today I saw people leaving their homes… and I asked God to let their homes be a sanctuary to them all.


I saw people from other countries… some were from neighboring countries, others were from countries continents away …… and I wondered are they homesick?.. do they long for the smell of their country’s air, trees, soil? … will they ever see those lands they so long for ever again or will they die as foreigners and be buried in another man’s land?… do they wait impatiently for -their lifeline- the next letter or phone-call from a loved one they left back at home? … what hard situations or sweet hopes made them come so far?.. will they get what they came so far and worked so hard for?

On my way to a meeting today I saw people from other countries… and I asked God a safe, triumphant return for them all.

Posted by SaudiEve at 11:16 PM

1 Comments

  1. Blogger Trevelyana posted at 5:40 AM, November 19, 2005  
    :) How sweet..
    It's so wonderful that you nitce things like that..
    Often we pass by people and things and they just blend into the background..
    Awareness makes us mouch more alive

Post a Comment

« Home